At Bay Breeze Resort you don’t have to fight the crowds for a spot on the beach. Enjoy your own private beach in Ephraim Harbor, located right across the road from the resort. (The beach is open seasonally. The size of the beach varies depending on the lake level.)
Bring your beach chairs, towels and toys! Soak up the sun and views of Peninsula State Park’s Eagle Bluff on your left, a panorama of the historic Village of Ephraim on your right and the sailboats moored in the harbor in front of you.
Ephraim’s Eagle Harbor is hugely popular with kite surfers and windsurfers, and on a good day you can sit on the beach and watch a half dozen brave souls weave around and over boats. The harbor is also popular with paddle boarders and kayakers. Rent your own at Ephraim Kayak Center and launch from Ephraim’s South Shore Pier to explore the shoreline views and caves beneath Eagle Bluff.
Feel free to bring a good book, a cup of coffee, wine, beer, or whatever your favorite beverage (no glass, please) and relax all day. It’s not a bad place to watch the sun come up or go down, either.
For a moment at least, you’ll love having your own private sand beach in Ephraim.
And if you want a bigger beach, head just a short walk up the road to the Ephraim Public Beach, or drive 10 minutes into Peninsula State Park to join the fun at Nicolet Beach. There you’ll find volleyball courts, a large park for frisbee and other games, grills, picnic tables, kayak, paddle board and pedal boat rentals, and concessions.
5 Reasons You’ll Love Our Private Beach In Ephraim
- No crowds! You won’t have people stepping over you or fighting for your stamp of sand.
- No looking for a parking spot. Just walk across the street from your room and you’re there.
- A gorgeous panoramic view of Ephraim Harbor, sailboats, Eagle Bluff and the historic, picturesque village of Ephraim.
- Need lunch or dinner? Great restaurants like Chef’s Hat Cafe, Trixie’s, Good Eggs, Czarnuska Soup Bar, Wilson’s Ice Cream or Old Post Office fish boils are just a short walk away.
- Amazing colors as the sun sets on a perfect Door County day.