Dining in Door County
Door County’s culinary influences date back to the 1800s when Icelandic, Scandinavian and European settlers began immigrating here, but the region’s position as a Midwestern culinary powerhouse is a development of the last few decades. These days, you can find everything from kid-friendly fast-casual spots, classic Wisconsin supper clubs, pubs serving gourmet burgers and wings to fine-dining restaurants embracing the latest in global food trends.
Breakfast in Ephraim
Conveniently located next door to Bay Breeze Resort, a breakfast burrito from Good Eggs is a great way to start your day. Use their iPhone app or order online for a filling grab-and go-meal. About a mile walk into the village, we love the breakfast scrambles at Chef’s Hat Café. Also a great place to grab lunch and dinner! A little further north on Water Street (Highway 42) is the Old Post Office Restaurant. Enjoy a home-cooked breakfast with a view – you must try their Door County cherry pancakes!
Coffee in Ephraim: For a daily dose of caffeine, visit Sip on the north end of the village for their colorful decor, specialty coffee and a bite to eat! Ephraim Coffee Lab, located on Church Street, has delicious coffee made from beans roasted right here in Ephraim!
Lunch in Ephraim
A five-minute walk up Water Street (Highway 42) from Bay Breeze Resort is the Shorewood Village shops, featuring the Prince of Pierogi and Lost Tuk Tuk restaurants, where you can get authentic polish specialties or fresh Asian flavors, respectively. The famous Wilson’s Restaurant & Ice Cream Parlor is about a mile walk into town. We love their taco salad in a tortilla bowl – don’t miss their homemade root beer or ice cream specialties! A short drive to the north end of Ephraim, Summer Kitchen is Door County’s garden restaurant, featuring a homemade soup bar – we recommend the cream of mushroom!
Dinner in Ephraim
Just a mile into Ephraim, Pearl Wine Cottage is the perfect stop for a glass of wine or seasonal small bites before dinner. Tucked behind the historic Ephraim Village Hall, Trixie’s serves up locally-sourced small plates, wine and beer in a cozy atmosphere. A traditional Door County fish boil at Old Post Office Restaurant is family-friendly entertainment and a meal in one – watch the boil over before enjoying your fresh whitefish with sunset views over Eagle Harbor (reservation required).
Other Places to Eat in Door County
- Alexander’s | Fine dining in a casual atmosphere.
- Al Johnson's Swedish Restaurant | The place with the goats on the roof.
- Sister Bay Bowl | Classic supper club and six lane bowling alley.
- Coyote Roadhouse | A relaxed and homey watering hole with comfort food.
- The Shoreline | Casual fish fry with a beautiful presentation.
- Boathouse On The Bay | American food with a focus on seafood overlooking the water.
- Barringer’s | A modern supper club and steakhouse.
- White Gull Inn | Voted “Best Breakfast in America” by viewers of Good Morning America!
- PC Junction | Train-themed restaurant and play yard for kids and families.
- Casey’s BBQ & Smokehouse | Full bar and southern style barbeque.
- La Puerta | Mexican and American food in a casual, colorful, fun setting.
Dining with a View
- The Waterfront Restaurant I Sister Bay
- Casey's BBQ & Smokehouse I Egg Harbor
- The Shoreline Restaurant I Gills Rock
- Boathouse On The Bay I Sister Bay
- Florian II Lakeshore Supper Club I Baileys Harbor
- The Clubhouse Restaurant (open to the public) | Peninsula State Park Golf Course
- Baileys Harbor Fish Market I Baileys Harbor
- Mezzanine Rooftop I Egg Harbor
- Donny's Glidden Lodge I Sturgeon Bay
- Top Deck at Gordon Lodge I Baileys Harbor
- Burton's On The Bay I Egg Harbor
- Sunset Harbor Grill I Ephraim
- Wilson's Restaurant & Ice Cream Parlor I Ephraim
- Chef's Hat Cafe I Ephraim
- Old Post Office Restaurant I Ephraim
- Blue Horse Beach Cafe I Fish Creek
- Husby's Food & Spirits | Wood-paneled tavern with a sports bar feel and outdoor bar.
- Stabbur Beer Garden | Outdoor bar with lots of green space and yard games.
- The Blue Ox | Try the Bimini ring and win a prize!
- Bayside Tavern | As close to Cheers as you’ll find in Door County.
- AC Tap | Play a game of bean bags and try the wimpy burgers!
- Mink River Basin | Hearty pub grub and microbrews on tap.
- Coyote Roadhouse | 30 different bottled beers and tasty twists on traditional fare.
- Peach Barn Farmhouse & Brewery | Family-friendly place to relax outdoors.
- One Barrel Brewing | Indoor/outdoor multi-tiered beer garden with fire tables.
- Door County Brewing Company | Taproom and music hall.
- Shipwrecked Brew Pub | Seasonal beers and an extensive food menu.
- Island Orchard Cider | Flights, full pours, snacks, and bottles to go.